The EFFA is now accepting new teams for the 2019 season.
Here is some general information for the 2019 season.
- Fees for teams this upcoming season are $2800.
- Teams are required to maintain an additional $200 performance bond throughout the season. The performance bond will be used for any fine payments that may occur throughout the season. Any remainder of this performance bond will be returned to teams at the conclusion of the 2019 season.
- All payments (including deposits) must be made by certified cheque or money order and made payable to the “Edmonton Flag Football Association”. Cash and personal cheques will NOT be accepted.
- Schedule will go from late May to early October (including playoffs if your team qualifies).
- During the summer months all games are played on weeknights. In the fall all games are played on weekends.
- The EFFA fields are located southwest of 23rd Avenue and Saddleback Road.
- Recommended you have a minimum of 14 committed players with 18 being the optimal number.
- You need matching and numbered t-shirts for your first season and jerseys by season two. Either the t-shirts or jerseys must be long enough to be tucked in.
- All teams must use EFFA sanctioned flag belts which can be purchased from the league.
- New teams qualify for a discounted rate of $100 for a team set of flag belts (15 individual flag belts in any combination of M/L/XL sizes).
- The league is structured to allow for competitive and recreational teams.
- Pre-season tournament for new teams may be held prior to season (date not yet determined).
- Weekly statistics updated on the web.
New entries will be accepted on a first come first serve basis, and unfortunately we may not be able to accommodate all interested teams. Teams that don’t get a spot in the 2019 season will be added to a waiting list.
Please contact the league for more information by email at email@example.com or by phone at 780-691-2514.